- $94,330.00 -148,460.00/year*
1000 E 179th St
**Job Title:** IT Associate, Level 2 (Provisional) - Full Stack/DBA/Sharepoint Development
**Job ID:** 20456
**Location:** Hostos Community College
**Full/Part Time:** Full-Time
I.T. Associates perform moderately complex professional work in technology-related disciplines. While areas of specialization vary, typically I.T. Associates work in areas such as development/programming, communications, technical support, or similar functions depending on the needs of the Information Technology area to which they report. Work tasks include resolving complex technology problems and serving as a technical resource. They have considerable latitude for independent initiative and judgment and may have supervisory responsibilities.
I.T. Associates should demonstrate mastery of one or more technology-related disciplines.
This job is in CUNY's Classified Civil Service. The full specification is available on our web site at
**CAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATION**
The award-winning and innovative IT department at Hostos Community College is looking for an experienced, end-user focused full-stack developer. Reporting to the Manager of Enterprise Applications, the selected candidate will be a creative problem solver with a knack for translating user requirements and institutional challenges into solutions which are responsive. They will be able to review legacy applications and determine how best to support or enhance them. The individual will ensure best practices are followed in the security architecture for solutions and be a valuable team player in helping the department deliver the next generation of applications to the campus community.
Additional responsibilities include the following:
- Performs database administration tasks
- Serves as Sharepoint administrator
- Responsible for Sharepoint and Mobile application development
Note: This is a provisional position.
1. High School Diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent
2. An equivalent of seven years of experience post-high school that can be met by one of the following: seven years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology related position; an Associate's degree plus five years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position; a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution plus three years of full-time work experience in a computer or technology-related position
3. Demonstrated English Language proficiency
4. A Motor Vehicle Driver's license, valid in New York State, may be required for some, but not all positions.
This job has three levels. To qualify for Levels 2 and 3, additional qualifications, such as education, experience, or certification relevant to the area of specialization are required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Experience in the following: developing RDBMS connected applications using .NET or Java on IIS and authenticating against a directory service such as LDAP/Active Directory, installing, configuring and maintaining MS SQL Server databases in a high-availability environment, creating web pages with HTML 5.0 and CSS following responsive design practices
- Experience designing, implementing and troubleshooting optimized applications and databases and strong familiarity with Microsoft Server platforms including administering IIS application pools and security.
- Experience in Project Management/Agile Methodology, Mobile app development for iOS and Android
- Knowledge of code versioning tools (e.g. Git)
- Familiarity with legacy programming platforms e.g. ASP, ASP.net, AR/VR development, R and Data Science, OWASP
- Excellent written/verbal communications and problem solving skills
- Availability to work evening and weekends
CUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.
**HOW TO APPLY**
Applicants must apply online by accessing the CUNY website at www.cuny.edu and navigate to the following links: \"Employment\" and \"Search Job Postings\"
Please attach resume, cover letter, and three professional references.
Open until filled with review of applications to begin July 3, 2019.
**JOB SEARCH CATEGORY**
CUNY Job Posting: Information Technology/Technical
**EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY**
CUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.
Associated topics: data administrator, data analyst, data engineer, data integrity, data manager, data warehousing, etl, erp, mongo database, sql
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...