GENERAL SUMMARY: Centerville has an opening for a 40 hour per week position for a Nurse Practitioner. Candidate will have experience working with Mental Health and Substance Abuse disorders. Candidate will be able to function independently, have the ability to manage crises and understand levels of psychiatric care. Candidate will have strong interpersonal skills, be able to work well on a multidisciplinary team, and comfortable working in a fast-paced setting. Candidate will report directly to the Partial Hospital Program Director.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: 1. Provide clients with medication education
2. Provide medication management and consultation when necessary
3. Provides mental health assessment for partial hospital patients.
4. Works in a collaborative practice model with staff psychiatrist in advanced practice role
5. Assists staff to identify educational needs of patients and families concerning alterations in health and disease process or plan of care; plans educational activities for staff based upon adult learning principals. Ensures clinical competencies are maintained.
6. Represents the Department of Behavioral Medicine on various Hospital-wide committees and task forces in consultation with the Program Manager. Works in collaboration with other departments to solve appropriate problems
OTHER JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS: 1. The level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Master's Degree in nursing from an accredited college or university. Current licensure to practice nursing in advanced practice role in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
2. Two to five years' experience working Mental Health and Dual Diagnosis Clients required
3. Experience working in Partial Hospital Program or Outpatient Program Preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS : 1. This position reports to the Clinical Director of the Partial Hospital Program. Hours: Full time 40hours. Monday -Friday 8:30-4:30 Associated topics: licensed, licensed practical, licensed vocational, lvn lpn, mtp, nurse i, nurse iii, nurse lpn, pediatrics, practical nurse lpn
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.